Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Heavens Proclaim His Glory Created and Compliled by Lisa Stilwell

After having finished a road trip vacation around some of God's Handiwork I was pleasantly surprised to read and more importantly linger on the pages of this book. There are amazing pictures of creation taken through the Lens of the Hubble Telescope. Not only are the pictures amazing but the selection of words with pictures are well thought out and placed though out the book. There are so many wonderful combinations of words and photos that it is hard to pick favorites. It is profound to think of "more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the beaches of the world" as stated by Joni Eareckson Tada. And what beautiful "snapshots reveal dramatic activities within the core of the galaxy NGC 3079."

I would say for me personally the scriptures are descriptive of the photos and the quotes from various Christian authors add to the photos as well. I liked the end of the book where the history of both photos and contributing authors are summarized. This would be a great addition to a family room coffee table and would also make a wonderful gift book for a friend. The Heavens do indeed proclaim His Glory though out the beauty of this book!

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.

I review for BookSneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment