106. love the gift of admiting I struggle
107. love the gift of forgiveness
108. love the gift of my house which I find my home
109. love the gift of relationships
110. love the gift of prayer
111. love the gift of celebrating birthdays with family and friends
112. love the gift of crisp nights with the windows open
113. love the gift of the sunshine coming through my office window this morning
114. love the gift of His word of assurance today "But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands." Psalm 31:14-15
115. love the gift of exercise with Lisa this morning in the "Peace Garden's"
116. love the gift of healing so I can exercise! (see story below)
Is God in the Business of Healing Today?
For those of you who don’t know me, my husband Terry and our 5 children have been members of Crystal EV Free Church for 14 years. (now New Hope Chruch)
A little over twelve years ago I was diagnosised with Multiple Sclerosis. At first, I prayed for healing but soon I began to pray for God to use me because of MS. God did this in amazing ways through Disability Ministries here at Crystal and the Joni and Friends Area Ministry.
Two years ago I joined the Crystal Free church Intercessors Prayer Ministry and it was at this time the intercessors began to pray for healing for me.
In the fall of 2002 I helped with the ALPHA Ministry. One of the many questions this ministry deals with is Does God still heal today? I am here today to say that indeed He does! One evening in ALPHA during the teaching on healing one of the participants from the group spoke a word from the Lord saying that someone was in need of healing from the “top of their head to the tip of their toes.” I believe this word was for me.
You see… I was in the midst of going through testing at Mayo Clinic regarding my MS. I began to pray with others, my family, friends, the kids prayer team the intercessors, the prayer chain, the ALPHA team, the elders, and the staff for healing. The body of Christ was lifting me up in prayer.
In December Tommy one of our members from the Kids Prayer Team asked me, “Mrs. Pederson, how can we pray for you?” I said total and complete healing would be great!
In January I was involved in 2 different Bible studies. In both studies we were studying the book of Mark where the woman who had been bleeding for twelve years touched the hem of Jesus garment and was healed. Hum…I thought twelve years of bleeding…twelve years of MS.
It was February 2003 after numerous trips to Mayo that the doctors at Mayo announced that they were 99% sure I no longer had MS.
The verse God showed me at the end of that day was Isaiah 42:8 “I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another”. God had heard the prayers of you, my Crystal Free Church family.
God has now given me a passion for prayer and in particular healing prayer. I have and will continue to pray for healing from the “top of the head to the tip of the toes” for Pastor Steve, Pam, Lisa, Jill, Levi, Amy, Pastor Rob and many other friends who our God can heal.
Is God in the business of healing today? He is Indeed!

No comments:
Post a Comment