Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mission ... Purpose ...

I have written several mission, purpose, statements over the years. Here is the list ....

To model God's love to family and friends and to all people in particular people with disabilities.

To communicate and encourage the importance of faith and family in youth.

To read and write to teach and to teach to read and write,

To equip, engage and encourage all students to learn.

Finally my most recent purpose statement.

I have been chosen by Christ, to reflect His beauty. I will delight in faithfully serving him with joy, grace, and humility as a woman, wife, mother, grandmother and friend. I will engage in the discipline of the scriptures, worship, prayer and intentional times of fellowship. I will love like Jesus, introduce people to Jesus and I will strengthen people in Jesus.

As you can see my last mission/purpose statement is the longest one I have written and it has been a hard week to live out this mission. The problem is that I can not put my finger on why it has been a hard week ...

Right now I am thinking that it is because this mission has been a hard one to live out and maybe I need to rethink, reflect and rewrite ....

Things I know for sure ....

I want to serve others
I want to walk especially in joy
I know that suffering comes
I know that family, friends, and fellowship are important to me
I know I want to be a reader and writer
I know I want to teach and be taught

I know this is a random post of the things on my mind today, now ...

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are in process now of figuring out where you are going, and where your life will lead. You have set yourself up well by claiming pieces of what you desire in your life. Now begin to ask yourself the questions related to your desires...
    How am I serving?
    How am I handling my suffering?
    How am I connecting with others?
    How am I being a reader, a writer?
    How am I being taught and teaching?

    The more you identify these points the more you will feel on purpose with your calling!

    And on a side note, it doesn't have to be hard it is mostly us that makes it hard. Allow some effortlessness in the process and you will be surprised how great you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa ... you have spoken so wisely ... lywm, mom

    ReplyDelete