Sunday, October 03, 2010

day 8 good writers write

I have this phrase that I say a lot with the kids, "Good Readers, Read!" Well, like good readers read, good writers, write also.

Writing today about one of my earliest childhood memories .... It was the gift of my first new 2 wheel bike. I remember I received it from my uncle Wes when I was five. I learned how to ride this bike by standing the bike against the wall by our driveway on Thomas Ave. After I stood my bike by the wall I would climb up the wall and get on my bike. I would then push off from the wall. I would ride straight ahead right into the street. I fell often when I was first learning but my Uncle Wes taught me to just get back up on my bike and try again. Eventually I mastered riding my 2-wheeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment