I am so excited to be reading Ann Voskamp's book on my Kindle these days. Ann wondered "do we find joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama and daily duties? What does the Christ-life really look like when your days are gritty, long--and sometimes even dark? How is God even here? In this book Ann invites you to embrace everyday blessings and embark on the transformative spiritual discipline of chronicling God's gifts.
For me, it is the act of expressing gratitude for the life I already have.
On that note I post for a second time this week continuing to count my 1000 gifts
232 a warm shower of a cold early morning
233 a text message from my daughter
234 the freedom to read the scriptures
235 words written on cards and then mailed to people in my life I call friends
236 e-mails I send and those sent to encourgae me
237 a teaching job that has become a ministry
238 a pay check that pays the bills and allows us to give
239 a sunny day on the playground
240 an opportunity to encourage a co-worker
241 a brisk walk around the school hallways with other co-workers
242 a drive home, in a running car, while the sun is still shining
243 an afternoon snack
244 an afternoon nap
245 dinner fixed by the hands of a loving husband
246 good books to read
247 warm flannel PJ's
248 catching up on reading blogs
249 bloom book study (click on link below)
250 bedtime prayers

No comments:
Post a Comment