
"I mean really, it could be worse than it actually is!"
This morning I was somewhat bummed because I got up a bit late. Not a good start for me, who wants to have extra time to read and write each morning. Then on top of getting a late start the golfer came in and said the driving was horrible and that I should leave early for work. At that moment there was no verbalization but the thoughts of complaining started to come into my mind ...
When I arrived at school and my 1st grade teacher I work alongside of began to complain about her drive to school I started to chime in ... when all of a sudden I said my weekly saying aloud, "gratitude is everything". I told her that I was working on this saying and we began together:
I said, "grateful that we are all here safely".
She said, "grateful the kids arrived safely".
I said, "grateful that the kids were working so hard this morning".
She said, "grateful that we have 3 more days 'til Spring break".
I said, "we will be grateful when our day is over", to which both of us smiled.
I went on through the day thinking ...
grateful for my friend Susan who would be praying with me at 12:30 for my grandson
grateful my principal answered my call for help with a student
grateful I brought my book to relax with during my lunch break
grateful to be outside in the cold, blowing, snow during recess today
grateful for a student who turned his day around
grateful for an amazing assembly on patience and kindness put on by staff and students
grateful for an answer to pray even though it was not what I expected for my grandson
grateful that our after-school program was canceled and I arrived home an hour earlier
grateful for a brief afternoon nap
grateful for some real food eaten tonight
grateful for a warm home on a cold winter night
grateful for some time to read both books and blogs before bed
gratefully In His Arms, Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment