Monday, May 16, 2011

#1 I've Arrived Boot Camp 2007

July 2007




Dear Family~
Hey you guys! I miss ya'll like crazy! There has been quite a few interesting things that have happened since I left the great state of Minnesota. I've been at reception battalion with the 43rd Unit. There has been a lot of waiting and barely any sleeping, ha ha! I got here at 12 am on Thursday morning and they had us doing stuff til 3:30 am. Once we got to the barracks, we had to shower and get our beds made while it was dark. I got to bed around 4 am and wake up was at 5 am. I got a lot more sleep on Friday night. Today our drill Sgt. told us that 20 of us would have the opportunity to go to a rodeo on Saturday night. He got thru everybody and had people guess the number he picked. By the last five he picked out something in the book that we would have to do. The first thing he asked was, "Who can sing the Army song?" I raised my hand and he picked me. I stood up, sang it loud and got a ticket!! So ... tomorrow I get a break from base already woo hoo!


I got my uniform today. I made me feel really important. Seriously, I feel honored to put this uniform on. It's hot as heck, but that's OK. The girls are nice and so are the guys, I'm actually going to church on Sunday with one of the girls. Please keep praying that everything keeps going well. I love you all so much. I'll write you again as soon as I know my address. Ashley

I am happy to be thinking already mid May about Memorial Day
(a time when we remember our soldiers)
In honor of this time of year I am writing and posting letters home from my soldier
who is set to deploy in the beginning of 2012.
At one time that seemed like a long time away
but now it seems closer than I really want to think about.

Feel free to read some other great posts by women
mpacted by the war here:



2 comments:

  1. I know, don't even want to think about my lil sis going over there. I will pray for complete peace in my life that extends to national life. Peace is available if we all believe and pray for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. talk about a blast from the past right there........it's crazy to think it's almost been four years since I started that journey!

    ReplyDelete