I could write a wonderful post about Mother's Day but ... in my writings and all that has been written before and saved I found this ...
May 10
There is no one in this world
to which my tenth means nothing.
To cross the sea or go next door
you'll find to all it's something.
And I suppose it doesn't matter
or that you really don't care to hear
what others think of this holiday
whether their loved one is far or near.
Although I have a funny feeling
that you'd like to know my story
why on this day I'm kneeling
and thanking the God of glory.
The reason my friend is,
you.
To be a friend and a mother still
is the greatest gift you gave.
To love so deep that you said
"You're on you own."
but in time of need to say
"Please come home."
To some this day brings sorrow
because their mom is gone.
To others it brings anger
because of all that she's done wrong.
And then their are the few,
that I am also with
who know this day is special
because God gave them a gift.
Their mom.
your daughter, Lisa
Happy Mother's day.
I love you Lisa and "Matty Boy"
Thank you. My mother. For being you. Born from you and so much like you. This post is a beautiful reminder that I love to write, I have always written, and that I still have much to say in my life, and much to write.
ReplyDeleteAnd so I will.
Mother's day 2011
To my mom and my MOM
At conception
a mother gives her life
to her child
not knowing what will become
offering her nurturing
praying with God
that all will be given
in the time it needs to be given
but never knowing what will become
what of love?
It is limitless
In childhood
a mother gives her time
to her child
not knowing what will become
offering her values
praying with God
that all will be taught
in the time it needs to be taught
but never knowing what will become
what of teaching?
It is limitless
In adolescence
a mother gives her lessons
to her child
not knowing what will become
offering her discipline
praying with God
that all will be disciplined
in the time it needs to be disciplined
but never knowing what will become
what of forgiveness?
It is limitless
In young adulthood
a mother gives her experience
to her child
not knowing what will become
offering her voice
praying with God
that all will be heard
in the time it needs to be heard
but never knowing what will become
what of surrender?
It is limitless
In adulthood
a mother gives her friendship
to her child
not knowing what will become
offering her ear
praying with God
that all will be understood
in the time it needs to be understood
but never knowing what will become
what of devotion?
It is limitless
For seven days God nurtured life...
In the Garden of Eden God taught...
For many years we were disciplined...
God voiced the Ten commandments...
God gave Her son in a sign of friendship...
And God has given me all my mother gave me. Love, Teaching, Forgiveness, Surrender, and Devotion.
Thanks be to God for bestowing on me my beautiful mother. May Mother God be blessed on this day!
beautiful.
ReplyDelete