Friday, June 17, 2011

Home, House, Household

5 Minute Friday linking up here:
 

 
Start

Home is where my heart is, not the structural home of my youth which was 3804 Thomas Ave just one block from Thomas Beach, Lake Calhoun. Nor is it the structure for the apartment on Blasidell where I lived as a single, young, woman. It's not the structure of the duplex on Chicago Ave where my husband and I set up our first home after we were married. Nor is it the structure of the houses on 4th Ave, 68th Place, or Nathan Lane where we raised our five children but rather home is where I found my heart this morning. .. 

I opened my patio door of our townhouse in Plymouth and found my heart praising the one who created the day before me

I found my heart praying for family members, as I washed the dishes, left dirty in the sink since last night

I found my heart reading and hearing from the God I love and who loves me more, as I prayed for friends

Home is finding my heart, looking forward to a night away  at the Fillmore House B&B in Lanesboro, MN



"She watches over the affairs of her household ..." Proverbs 31:27b

Finish

No comments:

Post a Comment