I found myself feeling the same way about washing the kitchen floor today. You see, because my husband takes care of the home, he is the primary one who washes the kitchen floor. Today, I looked down at the floor which was a bit dirty ... not by any means filthy and bothering me but just a bit dirty. I thought to myself I could bless my husband (his love language is is acts of service) and wash the kitchen floor because I wanted to but not because I had to.
2 things happen when I wash the kitchen floor:
1. I do it on my knees
2. I pray
"Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed." Acts 9:40 We really do not know what Peter had prayed but we know that he felt it important to pray from the kneeling position.Then I looked over at the chair in my living room piled with laundry. Again, I could let it sit for another day or two or I could fold the laundry because I wanted to do it today.
I guess this turned out to be a somewhat productive and enjoyable day ... as I forgot to mention that it stared with a wake-up call from my grandson at a time I was sure I did not want to get up and out to of bed on this rainy day.
I sat and read while Sid rode his new bike in the garage 'cause it was raining outside. He kept saying over and over "I like my new bike. It is special" To which I remarked each time he stated this, that he is special!
(Sid looked at me and laughed and would say it again ... I think he wanted to hear me say how special he is to me)
sleepover with my grandson
a new bike
a rainy day
a clean floor
a happy husband
laundry done
simple gifts!
God's grace one day at a time
profound gift!
YES! I see beauty in the small and the GREATNESS in it all!
ReplyDelete