Saturday, July 02, 2011

All Are Welcome Here

I wanted to jump in on 5 minute Friday this week but the more I thought about the word the further away I got from participating. I just could not think, relate or write from the prompt of the word "welcome". So I decided to not write but in the back of my mind the word was still simmering. After class today I was inspired to write the following so ... even though it's a bit late, I'm glad I simmered on the word and this is it for five ...

Start

Well, are you underweight
or are you overweight?
How about slow
or are you fast?
Do You find yourself a
fault finder or
do you see the good in yourself?
Do you eat too little
or maybe too much?
How about exercise?
Do you hate it
or do you like it?
Well, it really doesn't matter 'cause all are welcome each Saturday at the fitness class my oldest daughter Lisa teaches. Old or young, physically not fit or physically fit all are welcome here. All are welcome here to this one hour workout for your body, mind and spirit.

So grateful to find the kind welcome of my Sati friends each Saturday.

Finish
Here's the rules if you want to jump in late with me ....

Want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my right side bar}

3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful, accepting and welcoming place to be.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a wonderful class. Sometimes you look into the door of a new class and you think you won't fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina and JD's mom thanks for visiting and have a wonderful 4th of July!

    Blessings, B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! That is EXACTLY how I want people to feel when they come to my class, and I adore having you there each week.

    ReplyDelete