Last week on my daughter Carrie's birthday I was in bed so sick with the flu that I missed calling her and singing Happy Birthday. I believe this was a first for me in her 31 years of life. You see, even though I just make a joyful noise when I sing, that has never stopped me from singing on her birthday and singing loud in church. I remember though when Carrie was young and I heard her sing
Jesus Loves Me.
I not only recognized that she could not sing either, but I told her so. Oh my, how could a mother do that to a child so young. Now we tell the story as adults and laugh, although at the young impressionable age she was, I could have damaged her, but thankfully did not.
Today, I look at this one who used to be so young, now grown-up as a wife and mother and I am so proud to call her my daughter! There are so many things I love about Carrie ....
I love her heart for others
I love the way she loves others well
I love that she continues to be her "daddy's girl"
I love her honesty
I love her love for Jesus
I love her creativity
I love that she loves her family well
I love the woman she is becoming
As I looked back in my journal from 2009, February 10 I wrote;
"As I read Psalm 40 today Lord I pray especially for Carrie as it is the day to celebrate her birth. May she seek You, rejoice in You and be glad in You!"
Carrie you are Amazing, Chosen and Called! I love you more!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Thank you mom.
ReplyDeleteI love you ....
More.
Beth, wow. What a lovely post-poignant for me as we just celebrate our first born's 15th birthday last week-we have a long way to do, but your words resonated with me-a daughter is a blessing. I thought I'd stop by and read your blog after the encouraging feedback you gave me today. I'm your newest fan/follower.
ReplyDeletePeace and good,
Chelle