Monday, February 06, 2012

Living Sent Today, Monday February 6, 2012

Our Young Adult and Men’s Pastor at our church is preaching a series entitled:

LIVESENT: Sparking Missional Dreams

“Living Sent on Mission with God”

He actually asked us to take out our cell phones on Sunday morning during the message and text or tweet and for those of us who have blogs; blog so here goes ….

Learning on Sunday and putting into practice on Monday these ideas:

The mission field is no longer over there; the mission field is now right here so …

This is an invitation to dream together as a church.

May I live my life with this purpose—this responsibility: to share the mission of Christ as my own!

May I be about the mission of God and may I flood the world with the sublime blessing of knowing, following and worshipping Jesus Christ.

In Gen 12:1-3 God asks me to “GO” …. So I will be a blessing.

In Acts 3:25-26 God will bless me by turning me from my wickedness

In Gal 3:7-9, 28-29 God states this is me of faith and that Jesus Christ is the blessing.


So Pastor Bryan has left me thinking and asking myself:

Will my life be defined by my mission or will my life be defined by God’s mission?
Will I ask God to join me in my pursuits or will I join God in His pursuits?

How about you … how will you answer these questions?

In His Arms, Beth


2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is so true. The mission field IS right here, where we live, where we work, where we buy our groceries.

    Beautiful post. Powerful message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise for stopping .... these questions have had me thinking ....

      Delete