But when it comes to the Old Testament, believe me I need all the help I can get.
I love what Billy Graham says, “Our faith is not dependent upon human knowledge and scientific advance, but upon the unmistakable message of the Word of God.”
So today, I did spend some time in What the Bible is all About by Dr. Henrietta Mears. Mears breaks down the book of Deuteronomy into three parts:
- Chapters 1-4 Moses’ first address Looking Back
- Chapters 5-26 Moses’ second address Looking Up
- Chapters 27-34 Moses’ third address Looking Out
It is
important to note that along with the book of Deuteronomy I began reading
7 an experimental mutiny against excess today also.
So when I
opened to Deut 17 and read on through Deut 22 and counted over ten times Moses
says “You must purge the evil from among you” can I just say that it was no
mistake to read this passage in one sitting. There must have been a reason that he repeated this pharse so many times; don't you agree?7 an experimental mutiny against excess today also.
That was
just one of the many verses that spoke to me here are a few more:
When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do
not learn to imitate the detestable ways. Deut 18:9
For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. Deut 20:4
Keep away from anything impure. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you. Deut 23:9, 14
Oh Father,
as I continue in your word may I be one who follows theses decrees and laws;
carefully observing them with all my heart and with all my soul. This day may I
declare that the Lord is my God and that I will walk in His ways and that I
will keep his decrees, commands and laws, and that I will obey Him. May this be
a choice not only for me but for my children, and grandchildren. May we live and
love the Lord our God, listen to his voice and hold fast to him.

No comments:
Post a Comment