Monday, April 09, 2012

# 4 and a retype of # 2 a record of the orginal letter

continuing to record letters from my kids
this one came from my youngest
it arrived in the mail in July of 2007
written while she was at basic training

I am amazed at the woman she has grown to be
faithful, available, and teachable
she called this past week with a 97% score on her training
she is soon to be deployed


Hey Everybody!

Well things have changed a lot now that I"m at Charlie 787 (my basic company). The drill sgts, are yelling at us a lot of the time. My bed needs to be made a certain way and my wall has to be set up in a certain way down to folding socks! Today, I'm at sick call cause my right ankle is swollen. I'm praying that it doesn't hinder me starting basic tomorrow. I would be very sad. I miss you all so much. I really hope you guys can all make it down here for graduation. It doesn't seem like it right now but once I get started that day will come quickly. Please be praying that I stay strong thru the first couple weeks cause that will be the hard part. The drill sgts aren't as bad as I thought they would be, but then again I haven't gotten into trouble yet. There is a bit of broken up rubber right in front of our barracks where we get smoked. Yesterday we were out there for 20 minutes and it was super hot. Chow is always fast, but its good. I don't know if I'll be able to write within the next couple weeks but please send mail. I don't think I'll be able to call either, My bunk mate, Hubbard is really nice. She's from Alabama and is obsessed with corn. Please let Kelley know that I will be getting my M16A2 (my rifle) next week and I'll be naming it "Syd". The drill sgt said we have to give it a name and a reason for naming it what we did. Syd will be my motivation because I cannot wait to meet him. How is Adam doing? Do you guys know if he'll be able to leave treatment for a couple of days to come down? Please don't forget the number one with the circle around it cause I will get smoked if it's not on there. Sorry about the message yesterday mom, I was just really sad that I wasn't able to talk to anyone cause it will be a while before I get to call again. The barracks are really nice. I don't think they are that old, and they are well kept. Last night I had my first CQ shift. Hubbard and I had to mop the steps, sweep the sidewalk, and pick up trash. I went back to the bay (where we sleep) afterwards to finish some laundry. Oh, let Adam know that they didn't cover our heads, but they made us close our eyes on the way to C 787. Please give Carrie and Jake my address. Once I'm done with basic, I will ask my drill sgt about getting a pass to come home to see Sydney. I should be finishing up basic mid September if I start tomorrow. I got my basic photo taken and I'll have the copies of it in 6-8 weeks. I decided not to do the tough look, so I smiled. Dad I've only cried once so far and it was yesterday when nobody answered. Lisa, I miss boot camp, cause soon enough, my workouts will be a lot different. Well, I appreciate the prayers and thoughts you guys. I miss you all so much. I'll write again when I get the chance. I love you guys. 

p.s. Good news ... I just got done with the doc and I just have to ice it 3 times a day and take some meds ... I'm starting basic tomorrow.  Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment