Monday, July 09, 2012
24 hours of fun!
On Friday, June 22 I arrived in Dallas TX to four smiling faces. It was not easy for the first 24 hours as I had been exposed to Whooping Cough so I was taking precautionary measures and wearing a mask.
I spent some sweet moments with Jacob and Cariie in the late evening and then we got all of the kids out of bed at 1 am and traveled to El Paso TX. We arrived 12 hours later tired but with much excitement to see Ashley during an eight hour pass.
All the girls (both big and little) took a little shopping trip to the PX while Jacob, our driver took a much needed nap at the Army Hotel. Later, I took a much needed nap as Carrie, Ashley, Annika and Eden took a little swim at the hotel pool. After the pool Jacob got all the girls orders from Macroni Grill (Ashley's choice) for dinner. He went to get take out and we ate together at the hotel while Ashley finished braclets for all Davis family members and per my request two more and different colors so I had fashion braclets to wear with my different color outfits ....
Saturday evening we hugged, I cried and Carrie took Ashley to the bus ....
We all crashed and got some much needed sleep and at 5:30 am on Sunday we started the trip back to Dallas!
Whew .... lots of travel, but lots of fun and some much needed quality time spent with family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment