Monday, July 09, 2012

Staycation June

On Wednesday, June 20 Terry and I took our first staycation day around the Twin Cities seeing some sights that we had seen before and visiting some new sites. We had planned to ride the Lake Calhoun / Lake Harriet Trolly but when we arrived on a Wednesday we realized that the only days the trolly runs are Saturdays and Sundays. We then traveled around the lake and saw this for the first time:

We belevied this to be either a doggie daycare out for a walk or a dog walking service.

Then we headed to the "Rose Gardens" and walked through these beautiful flowers:


There I witnessed the "golfer" who I believe to be a very patient man get a little fluster and actually "give-up" on this (maiking a paper crane):





.... mind you I did not even attempt this as I knew ahead of time how inpatient I would have gotten.


Out second to the last stop was Jimmy John's where I had my first unwich on recommendation of my "oldest" and it was refreshing on a hot summer day. The final stop was at the 2012 Best of Minnesota bookstore: Magers & Quinn on Hennepin Ave. I, of course was in my glory but the golfer was not so impressed. I loved the shelves and shelves of books but neither of us were impressed with the lack of comfy reading spots unlike our local Barnes and Noble!


All in all it was a wonderful day! Grateful to spend some quality, uninterupted time with my best friend! Stay tuned for the staycation planned for July and August!

No comments:

Post a Comment