Grateful to be linking up with Lisa Jo yet one more time for 5 minutes:
Start:
It's a stretch when I think of an upcoming surgery, Interstim stage 2;
you can read more about this here:
I really don't know what to expect. Sure I've been told all that will happen yet it's a stretch in my mind that at times is consumed with fear, what ifs, will this actually help?
or will this cure incontinence?
Then with a grateful heart and mind, I stretch my mind to remember my most important dwelling place ... It is In His Arms! It is in You, Lord. It is my dwelling place where I can stretch, and settle down, and be secure and be content.
"She who dwells in the shelter of the most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty".
Psalm 91:1
Stop

Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right. on the word "Stretch".
isn't it wonderful that God stretches out His arms to welcome us? He stretches down to earth and scoops us up.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing a great reminder that no matter how stretched out we feel, God is there with us.
Amen, Beth!
ReplyDeletePraying for a successful outcome to your surgery as well as the peace from God that transcends all.
Blessings,
Felecia
Beth,
ReplyDeletePsalms 91 is among my favorites....I'm so glad I followed your FMF link, and I even like the version. May God grant you healing mercies in your upcoming procedures.
Peace and good to you.
I recently had surgery, and I worried so much up until the day of the surgery and had SO MANY second thoughts about it. Now that I'm 3 1/2 weeks out, I think it's the best thing I have ever done for myself.
ReplyDeleteI pray that you find peace in knowing what the right decision is, Beth, and let God hold you in His arms to comfort you.