Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Surgery Day!

Hard to believe that it's "go" day ... the last time I went in for surgery was on November 8, 2011 and it was scheduled to be a 1 hour surgery that lasted 4 hours. I am glad the past is  behind me and I am looking forward to a new beginning. Got a great night's rest last night knowing full well that my friends were praying exactly for that. Why would I be surprised!

Anyways for the nitty gritty facts:
  • showered with Hibiclens last night before watching a bit of the news and having my last drink before midnight (ginger ale).
  • slept from 10:15 until 5:30 (getting up twice to go to the bathroom)
  • showered, scrubbed with Hibiclens one more time this morning
  • reading in 2 Corinthians this morning and Psalms
I feel ready but still have lots of questions which I am sure Dr. Nakib will address. (funny one of the questions both Terry and I have is if our devices will be compatible) :-) He had his pacemaker installed almost 8 years ago and today is my day for a pacemaker.

More later ,,,,  am really thankful for these texts from friends:
"I am the LORD that health thee." EX 15:26 Trusting in Him to do just that for you! Love you so much, praying for you and excited to hear how God is going to carry you through! ~Liz
I love you very much! continued to pray for you. I trust that the Great Physician is going to do good work. hug w scratchies. ~Andrea
Psalm 100 The Lord made you and will care for you. See you soon! ~Ginny
Also grateful for the many prayers from friends and family sent by e-mail and for the prayer from my best friend Terry (in person) and my good friend Ginny (over the phone) last night.

Remaining In His Arms today! B.

No comments:

Post a Comment