Tuesday, October 16, 2012

a hard day yet .... I continue to count Joy


On days like today I find it hard to count joy .... days like today, Monday, a day I usually go to work yet ....

because .... I was pushed on a Thursday, late September at my incision site. I went to the doctor on October 2 and she said that I could not be at risk of re-injury.

I talked with my new principal and assistant principal and they were more than gracious to say we want to protect you, your heath matters, we want you to be safe and they stated they would be looking to re-assign me ASAP

the hard part ..... I love my assignment. It's hard, it's a daily hard yet I know I am making a difference as I serve a population of students that have been "given up on" by others.

I tell them that I will never give up on them. I want to assure them that I love and care for them ....

Fast forward to last Thursday, October 11 when I was told I needed to go home half way though my school day ....

It left me confused, disappointed, discouraged and focused on what may be wrong, why was I asked to go home and now why was I asked to not return to work until ....

yet I will continue to count joy one day at a time ....

918. my home is safe and comfortable
919. a time to skype with my daughter in Afghanistan (seeing her safe)
920. an encouraging text from a friend
921. the beating heart of the golfer as he lays in bed next to me
922. the joy that comes in the morning
923. in my in box today:






 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

924. how great you are, Sovereign Lord! grateful that there is no one like You, and there is no God but you, as I have heard with my own ears
925. grateful for a drive to St. Cloud with daughter #3 to catch up on her life!
926. a worship song sung yesterday that brought me back to the truth
 
 
927.the light that is coming for the heart that holds on




 







No comments:

Post a Comment