Thursday, March 07, 2013
Dear Ashley,
I remember you asking for me to write you letters just telling you what's happening in my life so .....
I have missed writing and sending packages to you. I miss the fact that I can't just pick up the phone and call you. I had a "snow" day on Tuesday (would have loved to just met you for coffee). Much to my surprise they closed the schools in most districts except for the bigger districts of Minneapolis and St. Paul. I have been sick with bronchitis, sinus infection and an ear infection so .... I was very grateful to have no school on Tuesday. I went back to school on Wednesday but the cough and breathing has gotten worse so I will return to the doctor today.
Last Sunday night I saw all the women from the 257 MP Co at the FRG meeting. It was a good meeting but a hard meeting as there was much to be talked about in the way of what to expect when you get home. I really want to be aware of what you may want to do and not want to do. Commander Hyland's wife spoke and she was very honest and transparent which I was grateful for. They also had a Chaplian there and I was able to sit next to and talk with some parents who's son had been deployed twice. Andera and Jenna planned the meeting and it was by far much more helpful then our full day at Anoka Tech. I wished that dad had been there but I took good notes.
Tuesday was the snow day and I was not feeling well so I missed my Blue Star Mom's meeting. They did a spring packing for the troops. (they knew not to send anything your way)
Tonight I have Real Women we will be having the women from MNTC (Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge) next Thursday as our guests. We are planning an evening of Polish (manicures) Praise and Prayer. It will be fun to serve in this way as we did this last year and it was such a blessing. I just signed up for the women's retreat and am excited to go ....I am also super excited for Adam and Renee and the birth of our new grandson! I hope all is well with you!
Today I am praying: "Lord, make Ashley strong and filled with courage for every task. Equip her with everything she needs to fulfill your plans for her, but teach her to rely on You, not on her own abilities. Make her a soul-seeker. (Joshua 1) Lord, protect Ashley from scars, caused by the trials and struggles of this life. I thank you that Ashley does not have to become negative or pessimistic as a result of circumstances around her, because she has hope and abundant life in You. Help her to fix her eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. for it is eternal. (2 Cor. 4:8-9,16-18)
I love you way more, mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment