Saturday, March 09, 2013

in my in box



I love that I have signed up for the verse of the day to come automatically to my in box. It usually comes first on my e-mail list of messages in the morning unless family and friends e-mail  during the night hours.

It is a reminder to me when the computer may be calling me, desiring me, sucking me in as technology can do (my flesh) that I must go to His word for the meat and not just be content with the milk from a verse.

Today I found this verse in my in box after spending time during the night watch praying for family and friends and on the couch with my open Bible finishing the end of Matthew.

I do enjoy computers, don't get me wrong, but the feel of my fingers turning the pages of a Bible that was given to me by Fern Arne, my Stephen's Minister, in December 1991 and the pen and paper of my journal can not be replaced by technology.


2 Timothy 1:9

He has saved us (you, Beth)  and called us (you) to a holy life—not because of anything we (you) have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us (to you Beth) in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time ....
 
Forgive me for inserting my name in His word but this is how He speaks to me, feel free to insert your name and be blessed today! In His Arms, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment