So when Sid was the first grandchild to turn 5 I started something new .... I remember when our children turned 5 they got a "table knife" for the first time. Seems odd but our younger kids always wondered when they would be old enough for a table knife so the golfer and I decided that 5 was the magic age for each
of the children to have a table knife.
When the grand kids started turning 5 I decided to start a rite of passage as a
5-year-old grandchild. I have prayer beads that I made and I use to pray for my immediate family members. When the grand kids would stay over night or when I would stay in Texas overnight they would ask me about my prayer beads under my pillow. I thought to myself it would be a wonderful time to teach them about my prayer beads and for them to get a set of their own. So .... the first grandchild to receive the beads was Sid and I included this card with the beads:
Dear Sid,
Many times you have slept over at nana's house and many times you have asked me about my prayer beads in my night side table. When You're mommy was little and she turned 5 years old she received her own table knife at the the table for the first time like her big brother and sisters. It was a "rite of passage" so to speak. For you because You're 5 Nana has made you your own set of prayer beads. You can keep them in your bedroom under your pillow, if you like, to remind you to pray for your daddy, mommy, you and your little sisters. Happy Birthday! I love you more, Nana
Sid plays on the teeter-totter ... the same handles from his mommy's teeter-totter (made by the golfer) and the same handles from the orginal teeter-totter
made by grandpa Walker for Lisa (3rd generation backyard toy with a new board)
Even though the motorbike says number 5 Sid turned 6 on September 10th
No comments:
Post a Comment