Saturday, February 15, 2014
# 11 United States Army stationary .... September 30th 2007 (reading and typing old love letters on Valentine's weekend)
Mom and Dad,
Well I'm sitting in the barracks this evening with only a few other girls because most are upstairs watching a movie. I wanted to take this extra time I have to tell you both how much you mean to me. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for you both. Since I was young I knew I had loving parents. You guys were always there to comfort me when I was sad or hurt, always there in joyful times and always there to correct me when I had done something wrong. The biggest thing that was most important was bringing me up in a Christian home. I loved our family devotions and prayer times. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be so strong in my faith if you both had not shown me the way. Now, I'm able to go out on my own still firm in my faith. That's because of you guys.
I love you both so much and I want you to know that always I think the love grows more and more each day, and it's because it's a different love because of our separation for such a long time. I've really been able to realize how much I'm like both of you and how much I need both of you. I cannot wait til I see you both! I know it will be different, but there's no worries because it's a good change. I've stayed firm in my beliefs and values. Whenever I'm having a tough time, I'm able to look back at your letters and they help me drive on. Trust me mom and dad, I definitely wouldn't have been able to do all this without you and your support. I see some of the people here that don't even talk to their parents and I don't know how they do it. Some girls envy what I have with you guys and I tell them I am blessed. Well, as I come to a close with this letter, I just once again want to tell you guys how much I love you both. It's really hard to completely put into words, but it's just important for you to know that I love you both will all my heart.
It's coming sooner than I thought it was 44 days :-p Ash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment