Wednesday, August 06, 2014

July 27th .... The Golfer's Birthday



70 Things that I love about you, 

from the one who loves you more, 

for your 70th birthday

  1.         I love that you love the Lord
  2.         I love that you me well
  3.         I love your faith
  4.         I love how you care for me  
  5.         I love how you are the best daddy in the world
  6.         I love that you are the best father-in-law in the world
  7.         I love that you are the best bumpa and love your    grandchildren so much
  8.        I love that you rejoiced in my healing of M.S.
  9.        I love that you are full of faith
  10.         I love your generous heart
  11.         I love how you love others
  12.         I love your persistence
  13.         I love that we have laughed together
  14.         I love that we have cried together
  15.         I love that you are a good friend to many 
  16.         I love sitting on the couch with you
  17.         I love hearing your voice on the phone
  18.         I love your selflessness
  19.         I love your thoughtfulness
  20.         I love your devotion to your family
  21.         I love that you promised your life to me on August 10, 1973
  22.         I love watching you walk by faith
  23.         I love your sincerity
  24.         I love that you love me no matter what
  25.         I love when you have showed me His way through His words
  26.         I love that you are my encourager often
  27.         I love that you are humble
  28.         I love that you are compassionate
  29.         I love your wisdom
  30.         I love your kind heart
  31.         I love how you are at times open with your emotions
  32.         I love hearing you pray aloud
  33.         I love your love for serving
  34.         I love that you are teachable
  35.         I love your smile (without your 2 front teeth)
  36.         I love your encouraging cards to me ( I have saved every one)
  37.         I love your hugs
  38.         I love how you have prayed for me often
  39.         I love that you are a book-lover
  40.         I love that you are honest
  41.         I love that you are available
  42.         I love that you are a thinker
  43.         I love that you are a person of integrity
  44.         I love that you are positive (most of the time)
  45.         I love that you are enthusiastic (some of the time)
  46.         I love that you are intentional
  47.         I love that you love to help others
  48.         I love that you are comfortable sharing your life with me
  49.         I love that you are not afraid to share your values
  50.         I love that you find joy in the simple things
  51.         I love that you are gentle
  52.         I love that you are self-controlled
  53.         I love that you are strong
  54.         I love that you are confident
  55.         I love that you show your love for me by running errands
  56.         I love that you will kiss me at red lights
  57.         I love when you sleep by my side at night
  58.         I love when you fix me steak and baked potato      
  59.         I love that you fill my car up with gas
  60.         I love when you mute the TV just to hear what I have to say
  61.         I love that you are willing to vacuum every week  
  62.         I love when you rub my feet
  63.         I love that you were willing to teach me how to play cribbage
  64.         I love when you read aloud to me
  65.         I love that you fix, super glue, and replace anything that is broken
  66.         I love when you get take-out for dinner and bring it home for me after a long day at work
  67.         I love that you drive me around
  68.         I love that you buy me candles, and Caribou and coffee lovers it like-it ice cream from Cold Stone
  69.         I love when you bring home daisies
  70.         I love that it is your 70th birthday and my wish for you is that you will be blessed by this gift of all that I love about you!  Terry you are my best friend and the love of my life and I love you so much more!
Here's pictures of the 6 course meal that Adam and Kelley prepared for their dad.














Carrie flew in to surprise Terry and we enjoyed a dinner with adults only. After 2 and 1/2 hours of eating, drinking, laughing and overall fun we were off to the living room at Adam's. 

We watched as Terry opened a few of his 70 letters from friends and family, (a gift Carrie planned) his photo book of pictures of him from ages 1-70, (a gift Kelley planned) and other gifts given. He stated this was the best birthday celebration ever!  
#70neverlookedsogood


No comments:

Post a Comment