A lot of women come in to LifeWay in Maple Grove where I work part time to buy books by Beverly Lewis so I picked up a copy of The Shunning.
Beverly Lewis is a New York Times Bestselling Author and in this book she writes about Katie Lapp's mother, a plain and simple Amishwoman who embraces the old way, and hides a beautiful satin baby dress in the attic ... but why? You will have to read it to find out :-)
You can pick up the book here: http://www.lifeway.com/Keyword/the+shunning+book or by stopping into the store at Maple Grove!
Today is my good friend's birthday and in honor of her birthday I am wrapping up my copy of The Shunning to give her as a birthday re-gift! You see, she is a missionary and has a missionary mind-set so I know she will appreciate that I did not spend a lot of money on her. (ps because she is such a good friend and I love her a lot I did spend time on a homemade gift as well)
Most of my books given off my book shelf this year have been non-fiction however my good friend Ginny will hopefully enjoy getting lost is this fiction book as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment