Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday, August 31, 2007
nighttime pages

I have been reading in preparation for my Issues in Theology course work the last couple of days and wanted to post some of my reading ... many will recognize it but few may take the time to read, study, linger, on it as I have the past few days ... I pray you will linger ...

The Nicene Creed
I believe in one God the Father Almighty; maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten son of God begotten of the Father before all worlds light of light, very God of very God, begotten not made, being of one substance [essence] with the Father; by whom all things were made; who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried, and the third day He rose again, according to the scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge both the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end. And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and giver of life; who proceedeth from the Father; who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified; who spake by the prophets. And I believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.

As I was lingering on this I was reminded that as a child I recited this from memory and most likely by rote but now as an adult this has deep meaning as I purpose to glorify God through my life.

It has been an interesting week. I began a list yesterday as I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by things to do and think on. At times I even journal my lists, so, here you have it from yesterday ...

Work Out
Bible Study
Pray
Blog
School Work
WFTW Letters
Write Ashley
Call Judy
Work at Plymouth Middle School
Lunch with sisters (Mary Catherine and Diane)
CM Deliveries
CM Postcard

OK so what did I actually accomplish yesterday, work out was again amazing as I ran my first 5k around Lake Calhoun during sunrise in 38 minutes and 36 seconds

Bible Study turned in to a quick Bible reading for yesterday.

Praying was unceasing which is always great to feel free to pray over all parts of my day; regret the fact that I did not do as much listening in my conversations with the Lord as I did talking.

Blog did not happen yesterday but I did write in my journal.

School work, happened at the library ... it went something like this read, study, sleep in the library chair, read, study, sleep

WFTW letters did not happen

Write Ashley did not happen but definitely will happen this weekend

Call Judy, I called and left a message today

Work at Plymouth, did happen

Lunch with my sisters was the highlight of my day. It is always so fun to get together, catch up on each other's families, eat a lot, laugh even more, share memories :-)and conversations. I won't say exactly which conversations as I promised I would not write anything that would embarrass any of us.

I think everyone should have sisters to hang out with. My sisters, because they are older have always meant so much to me. Mary Catherine, thanks for always being their when mom was gone especially when I had Lisa and really did not know what I was doing but you did. Diane, I think our brains are wired the same and because of this you understand like so many others can not. I love you both ....

CM calls made and I hope to get to the postcards out this weekend.

I almost forgot laundry and nap were not on my list but I did both yesterday and today. I am tired and I graduate boot camp with Lisa tomorrow with a bike/run at 6 am so I need my sleep ... Blessings Family and Friends!

In His Arms, b.

No comments:

Post a Comment