Tuesday, October 9, 2007
evening pages
God has always taught me to expect the unexpected ... so several years ago while waiting for Terry to close the store at Snyder Drugs in Hopkins I sat and read a Life Magazine article about Wheels For The World.
evening pages
God has always taught me to expect the unexpected ... so several years ago while waiting for Terry to close the store at Snyder Drugs in Hopkins I sat and read a Life Magazine article about Wheels For The World.
Years later I attended a workshop led by Kathy White. The workshop was a life-planning workshop and we took time to think and pray about where we wanted to be in 1 month, 5 months, 5 years, 10 years, and before we died. During this time of reflection we covered spiritual, physical, emotional, and relational goals, hopes, and dreams. I recorded in the "Spiritual" section that before I died I wanted to serve on a Wheels For The World (WFTW) team with Joni and Friends and deliver wheelchairs to people with disabilities in developing countries.
This month, this dream will become a reality and for this I praise God! This is when I first began to think about WFTW and then just 2 years ago while walking to work and being in prayer God began to change my focus from a
Joni and Friends Ministry Associate in the area of prayer to a Joni and Friends short-term missionary with WFTW.
The word the Lord gave me was ...
This month, this dream will become a reality and for this I praise God! This is when I first began to think about WFTW and then just 2 years ago while walking to work and being in prayer God began to change my focus from a
Joni and Friends Ministry Associate in the area of prayer to a Joni and Friends short-term missionary with WFTW.
The word the Lord gave me was ...
Beth,
"The Spirit of the sovereign Lord is on you, because the Lord has anointed you to preach good news to the poor. He has sent you to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners." Isaiah 61:1
continuing to love these conversations while being In His Arms, B.
No comments:
Post a Comment