Sunday, June 22, 2008

Love Sundays





June 22, 2008 afternoon pages

So have you ever spent a great deal of time writing a wonderful blog only to lose power on your computer … yes, it happened but maybe it is only me that thinks this was a wonderful writing anyways, I choose to begin again ....


So what I love about this Sunday, is that I woke up early to join others in prayer and I was excited to have 4 of our HopeWatchers (members from the children's prayer team) in the prayer room praying this prayer with me … I praise you God that you love me even if …. He is indeed so great that He loves us even if we disobey, even if we get mad, even if we don't read the Bible, even if we forget to pray. even if ....

Today I love this Sunday, because Terry and I traveled to Fort Ripley to enjoy an Army National Guard Family Picnic with Ashley. We met a few of the other soldiers and enjoyed food and fellowship with one another.


Today I love this Sunday, because when we returned home I took a long afternoon nap. You see, I usually don't get the opportunity to take a nap because I serve as a receptionist at our church each Sunday.

Today I love this Sunday, because after my nap I was able to get 3 assignments and I quiz done for my online health course that I am currently taking at Crown College.

Today I love this Sunday, as I begin my second week on the Maker's Diet. Even though I still struggle with my health it felt good to learn more about good foods for my body and to begin to think about what goes into this temple that my Maker has created. I would recommend Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon, another good read for those of you interested in nutrition. The book contains an immense amount of information of the culinary customs of our ancestors and ideas for a future of great health for young and old.

What I love the VERY most about this Sunday, is that tomorrow Carrie and Annika come for the week to visit. I am so excited to see Carrie and also to see how much Annika has changed and grown since March when I went out to CA to see her. Unfortunately, Jacob will be unable to be with us this week. Jacob we will miss you and wish you could be here ... although I am at peace knowing you are In His Arms, B.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you get to see Carrie and Annika! Perhaps you will get to mother your daughter and grandmother your granddaughter. I am so happy that you are going to see and visit with them and her father too. Happy visit. My email is rd_larson2000@yahoo.com if you want to write me.Thank you for raising such a wonderful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a wonderful time. Carrie has been such a big help to my daughter Kelley, who flew her here to help, as her husband works on the 35W bridge progect, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I know that Kelley feels refreshed and encouraged because of Carrie.

    ReplyDelete