Monday, October 18, 2010

Gratitude October 18 Day 17

Well so much for staying on track with my 30 days ... I am a day off after having the flu yesterday and not spending any time at the computer. The story is that it started on Friday night when the family met for pizza at Kelley's. Kelley was sick and proceded to throw-up for the first time in 6 years. Then Saturday Terry and Josh were on the golf course when Josh got sick. Then I received a text message from Ashley at 5 am on Sunday that I should call as soon as I got the message and yes, you guessed it Ashley was sick ....then on the very same day Sunday at 3:30 in the afternoon I started to feel sick. I am home today from work and will be home again tomorrow as I am still sick.

I remember back to almost a year ago when I was out of work for numberous days due to the H1N1 flu ... the following was my post ....

Thursday, October 29, 2009 flu yuck!

morning pages
October 29, 2009
one month from my last post

Illness .... Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick ...But He, being full of compassion ... for He rememberes that they were but flesh ... therefore I take pleasure in infirmities ... for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Not sure I am taking pleasure in these infirmities but when illness and or injury hit me I know that this is one way God slows me down to get refocused on Him and knowing and keeping at the forefront that He is the Healer.

This too being Monday a day to reflect on graditude .... counting my thousand gifts right along with Ann's community ....

161. Friday family night (even if we did share sickness along with fellowship)

162. Saturday morning coffee (thanks Ashley)

163. Saturday mroning skyping with Carrie and reading a book to Annika via skype

164. Having Sid and Pru help me with the Saturday morning laundry

165. Take-out PF Chang's gf spicy chicken and enjoying time with Terry on the couch

166. Sunday morning prayer time with my friends at NHC

167. Having 25 kids present and praying on Sunday at HopeWatcher;s

168. Taking 18 kids and several parents on a Pray-Day-Away on Friday

169. Looking forward to Women of Faith this coming weekend

170. Finally grateful that I am on the way to wellness because He is my Healer!

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment