Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Investing in Women who will Invest in Women

I went on a bike ride tonight ...


I could not stop thinking about our last meeting tomorrow night. How even though it's our last meeting it could be just the beginning for our guests.

Maybe they have read the word but have never studied the word. Maybe they have studied the word but have never applied it to their daily life. Maybe they have no real deep friendships ... women who will pray for them, cry with them, and invest in them.

Real Women has changed my life and my hope is that it has changed yours too and as Andrea has said that we will be prepared to thank and praise God for the amazing things He has done in us this year.

I have a dream that one day every woman at NHC will be engaged in the study of the word through EX 2:2, Generations Bible Study, Precepts or Real Women. What are you dreaming?

Sometimes I wish I could just articulate my heart for women who are younger, women who are older, and women who come from different backgrounds, cultures and upbringings. Women who are married, single, widowed and divorced. I have a deep desire to make disciples of women who in turn will make disciples .... And I can't think of a better place to do this than Real Women.

I have so loved this year knowing that I am "doing life" with Judy, who mentored me so many years ago before WBS. And with Kathy, a dear sister who I have prayed with long before Real Women. And with Karen who graduated with me and helped me through my study in EX2:2. And with Sally, a new person to NHC and a new friend and ministry partner.

Thank you ladies for investing in women. It is my hope and prayer that each of you will continue the path of Real Women that you have started or continued this year. You are loved!

In His Arms,

Beth

"I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need." C.H. Spurgeon

If you are reading this post as a follower or guest and want to know more about Real Women leave a comment with your e-mail address and i will get back to you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious...I just wrote a post about being *real* the other day (http://arock4him.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-still-struggle.html), and it could be different from what you're talking about, but still I'm thinking a lot about living a genuine - real - life, as our worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping Amy and your post and blog is amazing. Real Women is a regular ministry at the church I attend. I actually wrote a 30 page paper on the women's ministries at our church (one of them being Real Women). If you would like more information please let me know.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete