Linking up here and if you want to join along here are the rules ...
http://thegypsymama.com/
Want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Here’s how we do it:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing.
2. Link back here
http://thegypsymama.com/
and invite others to join in
3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:
Grateful…
START
Grateful for an attitude change yesterday ... to be totally honest I have had a sometimes, "poor attitude" summer. The hard part for me is that I have been unable to explain why and what has hit me other than low energy. Because of no energy, there have been times, when I have not wanted to do anything. But yesterday was a change of attitude and
I found myself grateful for time spent with friends praying early in the morning
and strawberry picking with my daughter and grand kids
and helping my daughter make strawberry Jam
and spending time with the golfer
and an evening out with my daughters, before my youngest travels to Fort Leonard Wood
Grateful for an attitude change that led me to the act of being (in relationship) rather than the act of doing (checking off things on my to-do list)
FINISH
Grateful for your attitude change...love it. We could all use a little of that from time to time. Thanks for participating in Five Minute Friday.
ReplyDeleteAttitude change... something we can all relate to. Grateful for you and this post. :)
ReplyDeleteHello Beth
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words on my blog. I enjoyed reading yours.. the last line "Grateful for an attitude change that led me to the act of being (in relationship) rather than the act of doing (checking off things on my to-do list" reminds me of something Ann Voskamp had on her blog recently...here's the link in case you didn't read it yet. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/06/how-to-live-your-best-life-2/
God Bless
Tracey, Ruth and Lisa Maria
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and encourageing me through your comments ... And Lisa thanks for the link to Ann's I had not read this one and it was so good to read regarding the priority of time and relationships. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings, Beth
i pray for this change of attitude. . . almost daily! thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeth, I love your honesty and freshness your writing reveals. keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my post the other day, I am so glad to have started blogging and found this community of women who step up and encourage other's to lean on the LORD. have a blessed day.
ReplyDelete