It has been awhile since I completed a book review, yet this is not because I am not reading as general,y I am reading 3 to 4 books at the same time. The reason for the late review is more about reading and re-reading the ideas in this book by John Maxwell. I finished the reading of this book last summer yet one year later I am writing the review.
I found this book helpful for looking at my dream of becoming a writer. The ten questions Maxwell uses are excellent in helping an individual see and seize their dream. For me, I feel as if I am seeing, seizing and owning my dream when I take intentional steps to blog, to read, and to write for others when requested.
One of the most beneficial parts of this book is towards the end of the book where Maxwell walks you through creating a map for your dream. I love this part because it takes you through a concrete exercise that is helpful for realizing your dream.
On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this book at a "10". This is a book that I will return to my bookshelf and refer to often. I will re-read this book during my extra chunks of time in the summer and fall, winter and spring school breaks when I actually have extra time to write. I'm dreaming big ... how about you?

No comments:
Post a Comment